Director of Product, Cerkl | Cincinnati, Ohio
October 2018 – Present
After demonstrating an aptitude and passion for product, I was promoted to lead Cerkl’s first-ever Product team.
- Collaborated to create and deliver a successful solution for often used, but despised major feature
- Implemented process for measuring and reporting the success of feature releases
- Created and iterated cross-functional process for feature improvements
- Initiated a customer-centric rapid feedback framework to increase adoption and satisfaction
- Responsible for design & requirements, language, product marketing, and education
Director of Marketing, Cerkl | Cincinnati, Ohio
August 2016 – October 2018
As the first marketer on staff, I helped transition Cerkl from a small-biz focussed start-up to an enterprise-level brand.
- Research and built marketing tech stack with minimal engineering involvement
- Started, and endlessly iterated a measurement strategy that told clear data stories
- Wrote and executive produced bi-weekly industry podcast for two seasons
- Created 50+ pieces of blog and video content
- Rebuilt marketing site from the ground up in 30 days, resulting in a 113% increase in page views
Digital Marketing Manager, Campbell Co. Public Library | Cold Spring, Kentucky
December 2013 – August 2016
Digital decision-maker and sole content creator for a mid-sized library in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Platform switching, ground-up redesign of the library’s website
- Selected vendor, managed build, and launch of first-ever library app
- Helped lead digital education initiatives for patrons and staff
Digital Content Director, FOX19 | Cincinnati, Ohio
January 2012 – December 2013
I was called to FOX19 to completely overhaul the station’s thinking about digital and social media. I worked diligently to energize, educate and inspire the staff.
- Department head level manager leading a team of five digital, community and social media producers
- Oversaw production of device-specific digital storytelling
- Tasked with management and growth of most liked media Facebook page in Cincinnati
- Created processes that yielded 40% to 178% year-to-year growth on web, mobile, and social media
Digital Content Director, 14News-WFIE | Evansville, Indiana
October 2006 – January 2012
I began as a part-time web producer in the 14NEWS newsroom. Within a year and a half, I was a department head. Each day I was in charge of publishing relevant content to drive page views, brand message and time on site. I was on the front line of the mobile news revolution, successfully launching three apps.
- Served as a leader on company-wide digital advisory board
- Oversaw three site redesigns, including our move to mobile-first
- Participated in a rigorous, selective one-year leadership program
- Published content varying from news stories, to videos, to social media-specific posts on a variety of platforms