director of product, cerkl | oct. 2018 – present
I sit at the intersection of marketing, technology, and customer experience. I help Cerkl shape the direction of our fast growing engagement solution.
Director of Digital Marketing, Cerkl | Aug. 2016 – Oct. 2018
As the first-ever on staff marketer, I’ve been tasked with a variety of growth-minded marketing challenges. Each time, I’ve been able to succeed in growing our share of the market.
- Created and maximized marketing & sales automation
- Created, wrote, and produced successful niche podcast
- Researched, analyzed, and created 16 page e-book
- Built and launched three websites WordPress-powered for the company’s products
- Wrote more than 100 pieces of blog content
- Created video content
- Developed branding guidelines, language, and feel
- Assisted in software user experience development
Digital Marketing Manager, Campbell Co. Public Library | Dec. 2013 – Aug. 2016
I was the digital decision maker and sole content creator for a mid-sized library in the Greater Cincinnati area. I created website, video, and social content to increase awareness and patronage of free services.
- Selected and managed build of first-ever library app
- Platform switching, ground-up redesign of the library’s website
- Launch of successful Instagram, Pinterest & Tumblr pages
- 1066% growth on Twitter
Digital Content Director, FOX19-WXIX | Jan. 2012 – Dec. 2013
I was called to FOX19 to completely overhaul the station’s thinking about digital and social media. I worked diligently to energize, educate and inspire the staff. The results were phenomenal.
• Department head level manager leading a team of five digital, community and social media producers
• Overseeing production of great device-specific digital storytelling
• Tasked with management and growth of most liked media Facebook page of Cincinnati
• Created processes that yielded 40% to 178% year-to-year growth on web, mobile and social media
Digital Content Director, Assignment Editor 14News-WFIE | Oct. 2006 – Jan. 2012
I began as a part time web producer in the WFIE newsroom. Within a year and a half, I was a department head. Each day I was in charge of publishing relevant content to drive page views, brand message and time on site. I started the station’s Facebook and Twitter page and watched those stats, and the attention paid to those channel grow and grow again. I was on the front line of the mobile news revolution, successfully launching three apps.
• Chief digital brand manager tasked with successful management of Facebook page of 19,000 fans and Twitter account
• Published content varying from news stories, to videos, to social media specific posts on a variety of platforms
• Under my watch, mobile traffic quadrupled in just two years
University of Southern Indiana | B.A. Radio & Television
Content Management Systems:
- WordPress 🙂
- Adobe Analytics
- Constant Contact
- Crazy Egg
- My Maps
- For Business
- Docs, Slides & Sheets
- Windows Movie Maker