UX evangelist. Portmanteau prophet. Director of Product at Cerkl.
BA, Radio & Television from University of Southern Indiana
- Adobe Analytics
- Constant Contact
- Crazy Egg
- Full Story
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Go to Webinar
Committees & Causes
Women in Product Cincinnati
2018 – Present
2020 – Present
PRSA Employee Communications Section
Connect Conference Planning Committee
2018 – 2019
Blacksmith Awards Committee Member
NKY Chamber of Commerce
Communications Committee Chair
2014 – 2018
NKY Education Council
2014 – 2016
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Cincinnati
TRULeaders Marketing Advisory Board Co-Chair
2012 – 2014
A career of firsts.
I started my career on the precipice of the mobile news revolution – creating content, launching apps, and creating experiences for consumers who were online more than ever.
Then I took my digital bag of tricks to the non-profit sector and got a beloved library’s digital presence up to date with a new site, an app, and a reinvigorated social media strategy.
But then the private sector called with a new challenge – becoming the first marketing hire for a start-up. That start-up, Cerkl, has grown exponentially since my hire in 2016 and in 2018, I was asked to establish and lead the company’s first ever Product department.
In Product, I found my calling – solving big problems, leading creatives, and listening to the customers. Under my leadership, our product has grown from a small, regional email comms tool into a futuristic and empathy-built multi-channel communications suite sought out by Fortune 500 communicators.
Work History & Experience
- Responsible for design & requirements, language, product marketing, and education.
- Implemented process for measuring and reporting the success of feature releases.
- Created and iterated cross-functional process for feature improvements.
- Initiated a customer-centric rapid feedback framework to increase adoption and satisfaction.
- Delivered dozens of features that increased satisfaction and reduced client churn.
- Researched and built marketing tech stack with minimal engineering involvement.
- Started, and endlessly iterated a measurement strategy that told clear data stories.
- Wrote and executive produced bi-weekly industry podcast for two seasons.
- Created 50+ pieces of blog and video content.
- Rebuilt marketing site from the ground up in 30 days, resulting in a 113% increase in page views.
- Platform switching, ground-up redesign of the library’s website.
- Selected vendor, managed build, and launch of first-ever library app.
- Helped lead digital education initiatives for patrons and staff.
- Department head level manager leading a team of five digital, community and social media producers.
- Oversaw production of device-specific digital storytelling.
- Tasked with management and growth of most liked media Facebook page in Cincinnati.
- Created processes that yielded 40% to 178% year-to-year growth on web, mobile, and social media.
- Served as a leader on company-wide digital advisory board.
- Oversaw three site redesigns, including our move to mobile-first.
- Participated in a rigorous, selective one-year leadership program.
- Published content varying from news stories, to videos, to social media-specific posts on a variety of platforms.